Wahu Kagwi performing under the name Wahu, is a musician from Kenya. A former model and University of Nairobi student, graduating in mathematics, She started her musical career in 2000.
Her first three singles were “Niangalie“, “Esha” and “Liar“. Wahu released her first major hit, “Sitishiki” around 2005. some of her music has been produced by the Ogopa DJ’s. Wahu has entertained audiences alongside many Kenyan and African Artistes like Kleptomaniacs, Fally Ipupa, Nonini, Nameless, Wyre, Qqu, and P-Unit.
Wahu is married to Nameless, another award-winning Kenyan musician. They have 2 daughters,one of who whom she dedicated her biggest hit to date “Sweet Love“.
• MTV Africa Music Awards 2008- Best Female
• 2008 Pearl of Africa Music Awards- Best Female Artist (Kenya)
• 2008 CHAT Awards- Favourite Female Artiste
• 2008 Kisima Awards- Best Song (“Sweet Love”) & Best Reggae Artiste/Group
• 2010 Tanzania music awards- Best Reggae Song (‘Leo (Reggae remix)’ with AY)
• 2006 Pearl of Africa Music Awards- Best Kenyan Female Artiste
• MTV Africa Music Awards 2008- Best Newcomer
• 2008 MOBO Awards- Best African Act
• 2008 Kora Awards- Best Artiste or Group from East Africa (not yet held)
• 2009 Tanzania Music Awards- Best East African Song (“Sweet Love”)
• 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards- Best Video (“Little Things You Do” with Bobi Wine)
• 2009 Channel O Music Video Awards- Best African East & Best Ragga Dancehall Video (“Sweet Love”)
• 2011 Tanzania Music Awards- Best Song and Best Collaboration Song (‘Mkono Mmoja’ with Chege & Temba)